Personal Overview of Noreen Hulteen - MHS
Prior to joining Hospitality Automation Consultants Ltd. Noreen worked
for AT&T in many capacities, retiring after 29 years of sevice. Among
her many accomplishments are the following:
- 12 years as Assistant Manager and Manager responsible for training,
development, and supervision of 35 to 300 management and non-management
Operator Services employees. This duty included the development of local
course material to keep employees current in a fast-changing environment.
- 3 years, as Administrative Manager for a headquarters department.
Responsible for the development of formal training manuals. Also prepared
`white papers" for California State Legislative Committees on privacy
and supervisory monitoring issues.
- Responsible for completing the engineering and production of the software
parameters of a $17 million call processor (in Assembler Language).
- Responsible for the engineering and programming of trunk concentrators.
- Responsible for the management of hotel telecommunications services
in San Francisco Bay Area as they changed from electro-mechanical to
- Developed software and hardware requirements for Hotel Quote Services.
Interfaced with Bell Labs. engineers to ensure a customer-friendly end
product. Managed the change process after AT&T Divestiture.
- Installed and trained a new organization of Quote Service Coordinators
nationwide to manage Hotel Quote Service.
- Wrote and delivered a training manual for AT&T upper management
to increase their technical knowledge, with heavy focus on hotel applications.
- As Product Manager, developed AT&T's Hotel Network Service (HNS)
- As Applications Manager, developed the AT&T sales plan for 0 +
Contracts. She sold over $20 million Public Telephone 0 + contracts
immediately prior to Public Telephone Equal Access, and trained and
developed AT&T's #1 team.
- As Account Executive, sold over $7M per year to hotels.
- As Product Manager, sold AT&T Hotel Network Service to state associations
and multiple hotel management companies.
- Trained 500 AT&T sales employees on selling to hotels.
Noreen's formal education was completed in England, with additional college
courses in Traffic Engineering, Management, Marketing, Economics, and
Public speaking completed in U.S.A. She also completed American Hotel
& Motel Association's course on hotel supplying and was certified
Master Hotel Supplier (MHS) in 1991.
With her husband, a City Councilman, she is very active in local politics,
having managed 2 successful campaigns. She is President of the Hayward
Friends of the Library, Director of Project Legacy (objective - to raise
$380,000 from the community to expand the library), and Executive Vice
President (Marketing) of the Classical Philharmonic of Northern California.
Her hobbies are reading, skiing, crafts, landscaping, and cooking.
Top of page